Here are some pictures, since Grandpa helped me upload mine onto the computer.
This is a stained glass window in the old cathedral in Barcelona, I think from like the 1300's or something. (I haven't figured out how to turn it right side up yet)
In the cathedral
This is a statue of Christ being borne by the angels.
Another Window
These are pictures from the tour bus, so I can't remember exactly what they are.
These are original Roman columns from a temple.
This is what the temple used to look like.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We almost got mugged today! This morning, about 9:00, we were riding the Metro (subway) to our cooking class. Three men followed us into the train, and got on and off when we did through three stops. When we slowed down, they did, and they kept looking at each other. They were walking quite close to us which was a bit odd because there was no one else there that early in the morning, lots of space. We stopped to check the map on the wall, to see which direction was next, and one of the men asked where we were going. Grandpa told them, and the guy told us how to get there. Then he moved in front of us and walked ahead, which was also weird because the two other men were still behind us. We stopped, and Grandpa said "Actually, you know what, let's go this way." The men kept going, and we walked another way. Since we couldn't take that train to get to where we needed to go, we walked for quite a ways, in the rain, which was pretty fun as I have never really got to use and umbrella before! But anyway, it's a good thing grandpa was paying attention. I hadn't even noticed those men until I noticed one walking really near me, and when he talked to Grandpa. No one talks to anyone else, it's just weird. But Grandpa and Chacha noticed them the whole way. Anyway, I will definitely keep a closer eye out from now on!
Eve, Friday 6:00 p. m.
The pictures of the windows are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd what's this about almost being MUGGED?!!!! PLEASE more observant and careful girls. Course I probably don't need to tell you that now.
It was a holiday (good Friday) and we had a long tunnel to go through as we switched metro lines. No one around etc. We just noticed these guys (young Spaniards were too close) and not too smart. I had to tell one of them where the metro stop was. So we turned around and left before the tunnel. Coming home there were lots of people around . . no problems.
ReplyDeleteThe Cathedral is so pretty!!
ReplyDelete